Who Should Use Shakeology?

Posted: December 05, 2011  |   By:   |   Comments: (0)

Who Should Use Shakeology?

Shakeology for health

Shakeology for health – Pelzfit Chicago

Shakeology is for most people. Each one scoop shake helps you increase energy, become more regular, lose weight, and feel great! I understand that in special circumstances, you may have some concerns so I’ve answered some of your questions here.

Keep in mind that Shakeology comes with a 30-day money back guarantee! So even if you purchase and use it, and then find it’s not for you, you can return it to Team Beachbody for a full refund! Now that’s customer service and a company that stands behind their products!

Can I use Shakeology if I have diabetes?
Every person’s needs vary with diabetes. We recommend that you check with your doctor first. Shakeology should be acceptable for many diabetic people due to the fact that it’s a low-caloric meal replacement with a lower glycemic index than most meals.

Is Shakeology safe or good for children?
Please check with your pediatrician since the needs of every child may vary. Shakeology is certainly a healthier options than most drinks or snack on the market since it is a healthy drink with low sugar and a wide variety of nutrients. Shakeology be appropriate for most children who are 6 years of age or older. To be sure of your child’s tolerance, begin with a smaller serving size. Do not use Shakeology as a meal replacement for children younger than 6 years of age without first checking with your pediatrician.

Can I use Shakeology if I am pregnant or nursing?
Shakeology should only be taken by pregnant women and nursing mothers under the direction of their physicians.

Is Shakeology safe for celiacs or people with gluten allergies?

The package indicates that it’s gluten-free, but wheatgrass and kamut are listed on the ingredient label. Shakeology was found to be 100% gluten free after extensive testing. With that in mind, people with gluten allergies or celiac disease should be able to use Shakeology as a snack or meal. It is always recommended that you test a small dose first before proceeding with a full serving since individual allergies and conditions vary.

Can I drink Shakeology if I take medications?
While Shakeology has been tested as safe for most people, you should always consult with your physician if you are on any medication (especially heart medication, since Shakeology contains Vitamin K1) or if you have any other unique health conditions.

Can someone with lactose-intolerance drink Shakeology even though it has 15 grams of whey protein (which is derived from milk)?
Check with your doctor first since needs vary from person-to-person with lactose-intolerance. Shakeology’s contains whey protein isolate, which is more than 90% pure protein, leaving only 10% of the ingredient, or 1.5 grams, where some lactose can be found. Shakeology is also loaded with digestive enzymes—and lactase is one of them. Lactase is an enzyme that breaks down lactose and is found in over-the-counter products like Lactaid®. So given that Shakeology is made with whey protein isolate and includes Lactase, it may have a higher likelihood of being acceptable for most people with lactose-intolerance. It’s recommended that someone with lactose-intolerance start with a small dose of Shakeology, monitor their body’s reaction, and if tolerant, slowly build up to a full dose or take a half-dose at two separate times during the day.


Filed Under: P90X   |   Tagged: ,

Related Posts



Transform your body in just 90 days with P90X®
The Healthiest Meal of the Day®

Personal Trainers Chicago